“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Can mold really be "removed"?
The short answer is no - "mold removal" is an impossible promise. Mold spores are both naturally occurring and microscopic. They can develop inside your home and inside your walls just as easily as they develop outdoors. Not only is there no way to completely stop this process from ever occurring, but there's no way to guarantee that every single spore has been "removed" during the process of mold remediation.
Despite this fact, many restoration businesses promise "mold removal" services and even go so far as to provide a guarantee that all mold will be removed from your home or business. Since this is basically a statement that is impossible to prove or disprove, they often get away with it.
We've been a leading mold damage restoration company in Western New York for more than 25 years, and we pride ourselves on not making these kinds of empty promises. We understand mold, and we're here to help you to understand so you can keep your home or business safe.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (716) 646-6684
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (716) 646-6684
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of The Southtowns is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2120 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: